Saint George the Great Martyr Monastery- Prisaca
Monastery / Church
- Saint George the Great Martyr (April 23th)
- Saint Evangelist Apostle Ioan (May 8th)
- The veil of Virgin Mary- (October 1st)
- Saint Hierarch Nicholas (December 6th)
On this settlement, at the end of the XVIth century were located the vineyards of Michael the Brave.
In the interwar period, the 8 hectares of vineyard belonged to the Potârcă family, the owner of a chain of restaurants in Craiova.
1950: The Potârcă family donates a part of the vineyards to the Church, and he sells the other part
1952: Metropolitan bishop Firmilian builds a small church, a bell tower, and a complex of buildings featuring a kitchen and two cells. The settlement functioned as a metropolitan chapel, with services taking place only during the period when the metropolitan was present, and on holidays in the rest of the time.
2005 Teofan, Archbishop of Craiova and Metropolitan Bishop of Oltenia gave his blessing for the establishment of a monastery in this place. The small church was rebuilt and they started to build also a larger church with a complex of outbuildings.
Saint George the Great Martyr Monastery, former Orthodox monastery for monks (Hieromonk Grigorie Sandu), became a monastery for nuns, starting with October 1st 2010, with the blessing of Irineu Popa, Archbishop of Craiova and Metropolitan Bishop of Oltenia.
Built on the vineyards of the Bishopric of Oltenia, it is also called the "The Vine Monastery ". It is also known as the "Airplanes Monastery", because it is located on the ring road that opens to the right at the entrance to Craiova on the Balş-Craiova route, a road that passes near the Craiova Airplane Factory.