Bengescu House

Monument / Architectural attraction


Address

Casa Bengescu, Strada Brestei 24, Craiova 200581, România

About

The Bengescu House seems to have been built in 1880 by Gheorghe Bengescu (diplomat, historian and publicist of Romanian and French languages, a full member of the Romanian Academy) and sold to the Orthodox Society of Romanian Women, around the year 1915. In the building, the Orthodox School for Girls used to function. Also, the first cinema in Craiova, "Popular Cinema", was operating in Bengescu House.

After the revolution, it was returned to the National Orthodox Society of Christian Women, which donated it to the Archdiocese of Craiova.

Source: www.facebook.com/Monumentalistul/

Photo Gallery

Similar Suggestions

Bania House

Monument / Architectural attraction

The Art Museum – the Jean Mihail Palace

Museum / Monument / Architectural attraction

Calafat - Vidin Bridge

Transport company / Architectural attraction

Stadionul ”Ion Oblemenco”

Sports and leisure / Architectural attraction

Sala Polivalentă

Sports and leisure / Architectural attraction